August 07, 2019
Welcome to the ALIVIANCE™ website
If you would like more information about how we collect, use and store your personal data, you can contact us at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, calling + 1 (800) 846-6604 or writing to the Privacy Team at ALIVIANCE™ 4275 Executive Square La Jolla, CA 92137
What personal data do we collect and why?
We collect your personal data when you place an order, call our Customer Care team, sign up for our marketing communications, browse our website or use the other services offered by our website (www.aliviance.com). The data we collect includes details you provide to us, such as your first name and last name and your shipping and billing addresses. We also collect data regarding your shopping habits and the pages and products you have viewed from your use of the website. We use this data to:
- Take your
orders, process your payments and deliver the items you have purchased;
- Provide any additional services you have requested, such as our marketing communications;
- Give you access to services reserved for registered users, such as Wish Lists and product alerts;
- Deliver newsletters, if you are a subscriber;
- Provide you with help and assistance via our Customer Service team;
- Personalize your visit to the website and ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Under the law, we must have a valid legal basis to process your data. In most instances, we will process your data because we have a contract with you e.g. to deliver your purchases or email newsletter or to provide you with other services you have requested. We will also use your personal data to send you sales and marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you if we have your explicit consent for this activity, or if you are an existing customer where we have a legitimate interest in communicating with you. You can opt-out of sales and marketing communications from us at any time.
Who will process your data?
Your personal data will be processed by our team, and we may also retain the services of external suppliers to help meet our business needs and may share your data with these suppliers. They will process your data only under our instructions.
How long do we keep your data?
We will not retain your personal data for longer than is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which you provided that personal data, unless the law permits or requires that we retain it for longer. The retention period varies depending on the purpose of the processing. For example, the data collected during your purchase of goods on www.aliviance.com are retained in accordance with local tax law (seven years in CALIFORNIA), while those data used to send you our marketing communications are retained until you ask to be unsubscribed.
What are your rights regarding your personal data?
Under the law, you have the right to:
- Know what
personal data of yours we are processing, where that data came from and how we
are using that data;
- Ask us to update, correct or supplement the data we hold about you;
- Withdraw consent for processing for a specified purpose;
- Ask us to delete or erase your data from our systems;
- Limit or oppose our processing of your data;
- Ask us to supply the personal data we hold about you in an easy readable electronic format, or transfer that data direct to a third party nominated by you.
You can exercise these rights at any time by emailing email@example.com
What personal data do we collect?
We collect and process only the data that is required to allow us to provide our services to you. We collect the following data when you browse or shop at www.aliviance.com:
- We process the personal data required to complete and dispatch your purchase, including your name, billing address, delivery address, payment details, mobile number, telephone number, and email address. We collect your email address in order to send you confirmation of your order; we collect your telephone number so that we can contact you if there are any issues with the order.
- We collect your email address when you sign up to receive ALIVIANCE™ Newsletters.
- If you register for an Aliviance™ account, we collect your name, email address, password, country and additional data regarding your favorite products.
- When you contact our Customer Service team, we may collect additional data to help us resolve any queries relating to your order, delivery, payments, marketing, the website or any other queries.
- We collect and process data about your browsing on www.aliviance.com, including the pages you visit and how you interact with these pages. If you have registered for an account, we collect browsing data about your access to the dedicated areas of the website.
- If you are a customer of www.aliviance.com, or if you have given us your consent, we collect and process your personal data for direct marketing activities.
- If you provide us with someone else’s data – for example, if you purchase a product to be delivered to a friend or as a gift – we will collect and process the personal data required to complete the transaction such as the name, delivery address and other contact details for your friend.
If you are receiving an item as a gift, we will process your data only to fulfill the gift request and our contractual obligations.
- If you subscribe to Aliviance™ newsletters, we will collect and process the personal data required to complete and dispatch your purchase, including your name, billing address, delivery address, payment details, telephone number, and email address. We collect your email address in order to send you confirmation of your order.
- When you call our Customer Service team, your call will be recorded for training and fraud prevention purposes.
How long do we keep your data?
We keep your personal data for a limited period of time in line with our data retention policy. The specific retention period will vary according to the reason for processing your personal data. After this period, your data will be permanently erased or otherwise irreversibly rendered anonymous.
Your personal data are retained in accordance with the following criteria: When you have purchased goods from www.aliviance.com, we will retain the billing data until the end of the relevant accounting period, normally seven years from the billing date;
When you make a payment, we will retain your payment details up to the certification of the payment and the completion of the relevant administrative-accounting formalities regarding your right of withdrawal and the terms applied for the disputing of the payment;
When you provide us with personal data in order to use the services of www.aliviance.com, such as marketing communications, we will keep your data for this purpose until the termination of the service or until you cancel your subscription to the service;
When you give us your consent to send you marketing communications, you can withdraw your consent at any time. We will consider your consent to be current for five years from your last interaction with any email that we send you, with our App or with www.aliviance.com In any case, we will reduce the number of marketing contacts after six months if you don’t interact with us;
When you contact our Customer Service team, we will keep any additional personal data you provide that is specific to your inquiry for as long as you remain an active customer of www.aliviance.com.
We protect your privacy &personal data with specific technical and organizational security measures aimed at preventing your personal data from being used illegitimately or fraudulently.
In particular, we use security measures that guarantee encryption of your data; the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of your data as well as the resilience of the systems and services that process them; the ability to restore data in the event of a data breach. Furthermore, Aliviance™ verify and regularly evaluate the effectiveness of technical and organizational measures in order to guarantee continuous improvement in the safety of processing.
If you believe that Aliviance™ is processing your personal data & privacy. in contravention of the Law, you can file a complaint with the Customer Service team at firstname.lastname@example.org